We believe that our customers deserve the best products and we want to give them a first class experience every time they have a Huel product. We are growing fast and are looking for an enthusiastic Technical Manager to help us maintain the safety and quality standards of our Powders and Bars.
Working very closely with our global manufacturing base, you will ensure that all sites meet our safety and quality standards and adopt a culture of continuous improvement. You will champion product perfection both onsite with suppliers and at Huel HQ in Tring. You will quickly identify any potential product issues and will use your strong relationships with suppliers to put in speedy and effective resolutions. You will be heavily involved in product development and upscaling and be able to use your technical and processing knowledge to highlight any potential safety or quality issues in the early stages of development.
If this sounds like you read on!
- Be the key technical contact for safety, legality and quality of our dried products
- Support on technical aspects in relation to supplier selection
- Provide technical support for internal teams including product development and quality. Carry out supplier and product risk assessments, determine, prioritise and implement actions against hazards.
- Work closely with suppliers to establish KPIs and measure supplier conformance against these
- Develop action plans with suppliers to maintain safety and quality standards and support continuous improvement
- Carry out and support with supplier audits and ensure that suppliers implement actions against any non conformances
- Report technical and quality performance at suppliers to the internal team. Establish improvement plans and report against these.
- Attend factory trials and first productions to establish production parameters and ensure product quality and consistency
- Feed into the internal quality management system
- Support/develop, implement and embed internal safety and quality processes and procedures where required
- Experience of a similar role within a food or drink manufacturing business
- Ability to make smart business decisions within a fast paced environment
- Thorough understanding of food safety legislation and manufacturing standards
- Ability to build strong relationships including negotiation and influencing with suppliers and manufacturers
- Exposure to, and an understanding of food manufacturing processes
- BRC/auditing experience
- Risk assessment experience
- Willingness to travel extensively and have a full UK driving licence
What we can offer you!
- A great team atmosphere with a growth mindset
- Share options
- Pension scheme
- Private healthcare
- Free use of our on-site gym
- Flexible working hours
- Free Huel (of course!)