We are searching for a Technical Director to lead and manage the technical team and be involved in the broader aspects Huel leadership, strategy and decision making.
At Huel, we are best known for disruptive innovation across all categories of complete nutrition! You will need to be a well rounded commercial leader, who will provide strategic guidance to stakeholders, your team, co-manufacturers and suppliers & be responsible for the safety & quality of all Huel food, clothing & merchandise products.
This role will report directly into our Chief Operations Officer and play an integral role in the development of ingredients, new products and improvements to our existing product categories.
You must have previous experience of working at a Director level, influencing and winning the hearts and minds of internal and external stakeholders.
- Lead, inspire, coach and develop the technical team, ensuring the team are consistently being upskilled & the technical resource is appropriate for the business requirements.
- Evaluate systems & processes to ensure the team is working as efficiently as possible.
- Utilise and develop appropriate KPI’s to monitor, maintain and consistently improve the products and quality standards.
- Ensure compliance of all products within the relevant global markets.
- Act as lead for any crisis or serious incidents that relate to product or brand
- Coordinate with other teams to achieve business plans both short and long term ensuring a synergistic business approach to meeting business objectives.
- Build strong relationships with external partners and play a proactive part in supplier selection and ongoing relationship management
- Ensure a consistent approach to the technical management of suppliers & distributors globally.
- Be part of a collaborative company culture always seeking to improve quality across all areas of the business.
- A proven track record operating at a senior, strategic level within quality/technical role in food manufacturing or retail
- You will have the ability to set and deliver the technical strategy & have the vision and scope to take the business and technical function to the next level.
- Have a passion and proven record for mentoring and developing individuals.
- You will have proven experience engaging with and developing good working relationships with multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- Degree educated in Food Technology or a similar qualification.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills with a passion for doing the right thing.
- Experience of food regulatory frameworks in the UK/EU & US is essential.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic business.
What we can offer you:
- The opportunity to work in a collaborative environment where you can have a real impact from day one
- Competitive salary
- Share options
- Flexible working
- Free on-site gym including Personal Training & Yoga
- Pension scheme
- Optional private healthcare
- Free Huel (of course)