Senior Technical Manager - 12 month contract
12 month contract (maternity cover) - Senior Technical Manager - Tring, Hertfordshire
We believe that our customers deserve the best products and we want to give them a first class experience every time they have a Huel product. We are growing fast and are looking for a technical leader to head up our quality and technical team for the next 12 months, helping us maintain the safety and quality standards of our product range.
You will be...
- Ensuring global delivery of product safety and quality. You will champion product quality and safety and encourage a culture, internally and externally, of best practice, innovation and continuous improvement to deliver excellent safe products, every time
- Supporting business and brand growth by devising, delivering the technical and quality team strategy at pace.
- Owning, continually improving and delivering the Huel Quality Standard and will make sure that technical and quality processes throughout the technical and quality team are industry leading
- Leading, inspiring, coaching and developing the quality and technical team, ensuring the team resource is appropriate for business needs
- Building strong relationships with external partners and play a proactive part in supplier selection and ongoing relationship management. You’ll ensure that there is a consistent approach to the technical management of suppliers & distributors globally that internal and external partners adhere to
- Making the technical & quality team as efficient as possible by ensuring that intuitive systems are in place to support them. You’ll responsible for the ongoing management of the Huel bespoke Technical software and ensure all relevant staff across the business have access to and are appropriately trained for use of the software. Where required, you will work with our software partner to improve and update software & seek other timesaving & efficiency driving opportunities.
- Supporting other departments, as required to achieve business objectives. You will build great working relationships with other department leads and actively engage with wider teams
- Experience within a similar leadership role within a food or drink manufacturing business
- Ability to make smart business decisions within a fast paced environment
- Thorough understanding of food safety legislation and manufacturing standards
- Ability to build strong relationships including negotiation and influencing with suppliers and manufacturers
- BRC/auditing experience
- Willingness to travel extensively and have a full UK driving licence
What we can offer you!
We know people value different things so we offer a number of great benefits:
- Competitive Salary
- Pension scheme
- Private healthcare
- Flexible working hours
- Free Huel
(NO agencies please)