Senior Financial Controls Manager
Reporting to the CFO, this newly created role will help lead the existing financial control team to develop and embed improved processes and controls. Leading a team of six, the Senior Financial Controls Manager will take primary responsibility for all elements of the control environment, ensuring accuracy, timeliness and compliance across Huel’s financial processes and reporting.
You will work closely with the existing Senior Commercial Finance Manager to ensure the business has best-in-class reporting and forecasting and minimising the risk of changes to projections. They will play a lead role within the broader business around improving financial control, particularly by working with the Operations team on stock management and with the IT team to support continual improvement of the relatively recently implemented financial system.
Group and Board reporting, including external stakeholders - implementing improved processes to ensure timely and accurate management accounts, with continual improvement of the reporting pack. Shortening the current relatively lengthy management accounts timelines to make sure Huel is best in class for any future private or public reporting requirements.
Audit and accounts - leading the annual financial statements and audit process (IFRS) end-to-end, including liaising with auditors/tax specialists, working with the Directors on statutory reporting requirements, and managing any interim reporting requirements.
Corporate tax strategy and management - working with external advisors to agree on the right tax structure and maintaining/implementing transfer pricing agreements where necessary. Managing the annual tax cycles in our different regions, and taking the lead on R&D tax claims as appropriate.
Sales tax management - leading the sales tax strategy, including working with the product development team and external advisors across all Huel’s geographic markets to ensure our products are classified correctly and ensuring all reporting deadlines are met.
Process improvement - including financial systems - taking a lead role in identifying financial and operational process improvements, working with the Head of IT on the ERP development roadmap, and ensuring any changes meet the agreed specification.
Stock control improvement - managing the Stock Control Finance Manager to ensure the development of Huel’s stock control processes, and that stock is accurately reflected in the financial statements
Cashflow management - owning the cash management process, including ultimate ownership of approval processes, cash forecasting, FX management, and supporting on any future banking or financing arrangements.
Team development - direct management of three people, with indirect management of a further three people. Continuously improving and developing the team, setting clear and deliverable objectives, ensuring timelines are met, and supporting team members to develop both technical and softer skills as part of their career development.
- Qualified accountant with at least 5 years post-qualification experience - ACA is preferable
- Strong attention to detail and proven ability to improve processes and deliver to deadlines
- Proven ability to manage risk, anticipate issues and suggest solutions to avoid surprises within the financials
- Experience managing external advisors, particularly external auditors, but also tax advisors and other specialists
- Experience in dealing with consolidation of international subsidiaries and understanding of international tax and transfer pricing
- The ideal candidate will come from a consumer goods background with exposure to stock management in particular
- Team management experience is essential with proven ability to lead the team with a range of experience level
- Experience working with Netsuite is a bonus; experience working with ERP systems is essential
- Public company experience in a group reporting role would be an advantage but is not essential
What we can offer you!
- A great team atmosphere with a growth mindset
- Pension scheme
- Private healthcare
- Free use of our on-site gym
- Flexible working hours
- Free Huel (of course!)
(No Agencies Please)