We are looking for a Procurement Manager to manage our materials portfolio which comprises ingredients, packaging, and merchandise. Ensuring we have continuity of supply at razor sharp prices will be critical to supporting Huel’s continued growth and profitability, and you will be ensuring we achieve just that. In addition you will have a team to manage and develop, helping them to hone their procurement skills and create value in their respective categories. The team will start small with one direct report, but with successful delivery of our plans will come additional resources meaning that the role will grow in scope as you do.
Your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Managing spend and availability across our managed spend portfolio (ingredients, packaging and merchandise)
- Identifying ongoing opportunities to create value for Huel through out buying activities, not least negotiating the best costs for our materials
- Ensuring our suppliers are suitably robust and can keep up with Huel’s demand; implementing risk mitigation plans where required
- Managing our suppliers to get the level of service required, protecting availability for our customers
- Managing a team of buyers, coaching and developing them
- Working closely with the Demand Team to ensure that materials are available at the right time and place, at the right cost; resolving supply issues as required
- Actively engaging with stakeholders across the business to ensure that their needs are being met and we are helping them to secure great value for every pound spent at Huel
- Experienced in procurement and/or retail buying
- A deep understanding of category and supplier management fundamentals is a must-have, including cost modeling, negotiating, supply chain risk assessment, and contract management.
- Experience managing and developing people is also highly desirable.
- We’re looking for someone with strong commercial acumen, outstanding problem analysis and problem solving, tenacity, and great interpersonal skills.
What we can offer you!
- The opportunity to work alongside an industry leading team
- We know people value different things so we offer a number of great benefits:
- Competitive Salary
- Share options
- Pension scheme
- Private healthcare
- Flexible working hours
- Free Huel
(NO agencies please)