Lead NPD Executive - Hot & Savoury
At Huel our customers mean everything to us! We have grown a passionate community of Hueligans all over the world who we want to listen to and support with a world class experience and product, day in day out ensuring Huel is a vital part of their lives helping them to look after themselves and the planet.
Lead NPD Executive is a new role, responsible for owning & developing our incredible latest product development category- Huel Hot & Savoury!
You will drive innovation, bringing the business with you on a journey to be leaders in Complete Food. You will collaborate with the wider Operation, Nutrition & Technical teams on delivery of exciting additions to the Huel product range, right through from concept to launch, whilst working hand in hand with marketing to ensure a smooth & successful launch. This reports into the Head of NPD, and is crucial to achieve Huel’s potential of being the global leader in Complete Food.
What are we looking for:
- To be the expert & own your assigned product category. Project managing from concept to launch. Bringing all Huel teams on the journey
- To ensure the business is at the forefront of innovation and aware of new competitor launches and current food trends.
- To ensure that all new products are developed in line with the business' strategy. These must consider commercial targets.
- To have a relentless focus on constantly improving our products & working closely with supplier partners to help support this ambition
- To take ownership of the NPD process, which is clearly defined within the business
- Impeccable compliance and communication at each stage effectively both internally & externally
- To manage the delivery of NPD from respective sites, including supplier visits
- To ensure that all developments satisfy price, quality, technical & operational parameters by means of a feasibility process
- Oversee on-site launch production runs, providing assistance on scale-up to ensure products mirror concept
- Motivate & lead your project team in a confident way. Encouraging at every stage
- Minimum 3 years experience in an NPD, Project management, Food science or equivalent role. Specifically focused on Ready meals, soups or baby food categories
- Proven track record & examples of products currently launched & live in the market
- Previous experience in dried food/ powder product Development application
- Degree in Food science, Nutrition or equivalent is desirable
- Lateral thinker rather than linear
- Able to work both as an individual & a team player
- Must be creative and have a thirst for knowledge
- Not afraid to challenge the “norm”
- Demonstrate an advanced standard of Food functionality & Ingredient innovation
What we can offer you!
- The opportunity to work in a dynamic and entrepreneurial environment with passionate like-minded Hueligans
- Competitive salary
- Free on-site gym
- Share options
- Pension scheme
- Optional private healthcare
- Free Huel
PLEASE NO AGENCIES