At Huel we are known for disruptive innovation and creating positive change for people and the planet. We are now a Top 10 Sunday Times Fasttrack company, selling over 150 million meals in 100 countries.
You'll be joining as a Procurement Manager, and will define the shape of our supply chain for all Raw Materials. You'll set the strategy for multiple categories, negotiate commercials, and ensure we have a robust, future-proof supply chain that aligns with our fast growth and company values.
Just 12 months ago, our Procurement function was a team of 3, which has since more than doubled in size with further growth planned. We are still only just getting started, and you'll play a key part in introducing new processes and strategies.
Mentoring and the development of more junior members is something that Huel takes seriously. You'll have two direct reports, so you'll be someone who enjoys seeing those within your team grow.
This role will be a mixture of remote work and office-based work at our HQ in Tring (45mins from Euston). You'll be able to work up to 2 days from home.
What you will be doing
- Managing all Raw Material categories for Huels powder ranges
- Ensuring our supply partners are suitably robust and can keep up with Huels demand, implementing risk mitigation plans where required
- Owning and driving strong Supplier Relationship Management programs across all key areas.
- Managing a team, coaching and developing them
- Working closely with our NPD, Nutrition and Technical Teams
- Actively engaging stakeholders across the business to ensure their needs are being met and we are securing value for every pound spent at Huel
- Sustainability is extremely important to us - you'll make sure our suppliers meet our high ethical and sustainability standards
- Managing all internal communication to create supply chain transparency throughout the business
What we are looking for
- Previous Procurement experience, ideally within Food, although we are open to different sectors
- Knowledge of category and supplier management fundamentals is a must-have including cost modelling, negotiating, supply chain risk assessment and contract management
- Passion for Sustainability, as it's a key part of who we are
- Able to spot commercial opportunities that are in line with our brand values and ethos
- An excellent communicator. Working with all of our suppliers and internal teams you'll need to be able to communicate clearly and concisely
- Requirements change all the time so you'll need to be flexible
- The ability to deal with ambiguity, and able to take responsibility and get the job done
- Ideally, you’ll have managed people before - you'll be leading a team and growing it out
- A strong commercial acumen and outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills
What we can offer you
We work hard at Huel and we like to reward our team for it, so alongside free Huel to keep you going, you can expect:
- A genuinely competitive salary
- Remote work available 2x a week
- Flexible start and finish times with options to suit your day and your routine
- ‘Huel Learn’ - our commitment to bettering your career
- Like going to the gym? No problem, we have a free on-site gym and we will give you your own nutrition plan to help achieve those goals
- Quarterly events to celebrate success, and even the opportunity to bring your dog into the office too! Did we mention we love animals
- We have lots of other perks and benefits which we'd love to tell you about - you'll find the full list here