The world faces serious challenges over its food production and Huel is here as one solution to this problem. We produce ethical, 100% vegan, nutritionally complete products with most being zero waste and a year-long shelf life. Since launching 6 years ago, we have grown a passionate community of over one million Hueligans, selling over 150 million meals to more than 100 countries worldwide, but we’re not stopping there.
With a huge pipeline of innovation, and new office locations arising, we need a new Tax Guru (or as per the official title, Tax Manager!) to help us keep up to date with current tax legislation and be in control of our obligations across the globe. This is a newly created role for us, that will see you work closely with the existing Finance team and our external advisers, playing an important role across the broader business ensuring people, processes and systems are set up to meet tax requirements.
This role will be based at our Global HQ in Tring, Hertfordshire, UK and will report directly to our Head of Financial Controls. You will need to be comfortable in a phenomenally fast-paced, high-growth, entrepreneurial environment, and have the ability to build strong relationships with internal teams.
What you will be doing
Our new Tax Manager will build the tax function as part of the wider Finance team, supporting the business globally within it’s UK, US, European and Japanese subsidiaries selling across multiple territories.
- Day-to-day, you will be managing our corporate tax strategy. You’ll be working with external advisors to agree the right tax structure and maintaining/implementing transfer pricing agreements where necessary. You’ll manage the annual tax cycles in our different regions, and take the lead on R&D tax claims as appropriate in the UK.
Leading the VAT/sales tax strategy will be a key part to this role, including working with the product development team and external advisors across all Huel’s geographic markets to ensure our products are classified correctly and ensuring all reporting deadlines are met.
- You’ll need to be keeping up to date with the latest trends, being responsible for understanding the latest tax rules the group must comply with across all tax areas and ensuring these rules are communicated.
Tax Audits and inspections are key to get right. You’ll be leading the process for any tax related inspections including liaising with auditors/authorities, working with the Finance team to pull together analysis of historical data and decisions.
- You’ll be implementing improved processes to ensure timely and accurate forecasting of tax liabilities / reclaims into the latest budgeting and forecasting process. Flagging the potential risks and opportunities of all tax matters.
- Liaising with outsourced payroll providers to ensure Huel is compliant with payroll related tax requirements for the UK and each of the subsidiaries
Maintaining strong relationships with all local tax advisors is important and ensuring that we are using the right partners in each market and for each service.
Process improvement is welcomed! We’d love you to take a lead role in identifying financial and operational process improvements for tax reporting, working with the Head of IT on the ERP development roadmap and the rest of the Finance team to ensure any changes meet the agreed specification.
What we are looking for
- As we are trading in multiple currencies, we need someone with experience of a global business with international subsidiaries who can understand international tax laws and transfer pricing
- Ideally you’ll have around 4-5 years worth of experience within an accounting and tax firm, or large international business. You’ll also be ACA/CTA qualified or have a similar relevant qualification in tax or accounting.
- Not everyone in the business will be a tax guru and understand the ins and outs, so experience managing external tax advisors and being able to explain complex tax matters in a simple way to non finance/ tax professionals will be vital.
- We are an incredibly fast paced business, so you will need to have strong attention to detail and proven ability to improve processes and deliver to strict deadlines.
- You’ll have the proven ability to manage risk, anticipate issues and suggest solutions to avoid nasty surprises (No-one likes nasty surprises!)
What we can offer you
We’re a tight-knit team of intelligent, hard-working and bloody lovely people who are passionate about making the world a happier, healthier, and better place! We like to reward our team for this, so alongside free Huel to keep you going, you can expect;
- Flexible working with options to suit your day and your routine with 2 days per week at home.
- ‘Huel Learn’ - our commitment to bettering your career alongside first-class on the job training
- Free and unlimited access to a team of over 50 therapists and coaches to help support your Mental Health.
- Private healthcare and pension schemes, for your own peace of mind
- Electric Car/Cycle to Work schemes once you have passed probation
- Like going to the gym? No problem, we have a free on-site gym with free classes, and we will give you your own nutrition plan to help you achieve those goals.
- Quarterly events to celebrate success, and even the opportunity to bring your dog into the office too! Did we mention we love animals