Huel are proud to be one of the fastest-growing food and drinks brands in the market, and we have no plans to slow down. We have grown a passionate community of over one million Hueligans, selling over 150 million meals to more than 100 countries worldwide. However, our success to date wouldn’t have been possible without the hard work and dedication given from our Finance Team, who ensure we are in control of our finances and compliant with regulations and tax across the globe.
As part of our team growth, we are now looking for an Internal Controls Manager to join us. This role will see you be responsible for ensuring the effective design and implementation of key financial controls across the business, supporting management and the audit committee to monitor the effectiveness of the control environment, which help us to safeguard the integrity of published financial information. As Huel continues to expand, this role will also play a key part in reviewing changes in business processes, systems and operations to ensure controls are maintained or improved.
You’ll be based at our Global HQ in Tring, Hertfordshire, UK and will report directly to our Head of Financial Controls. You will need to be comfortable in a phenomenally fast-paced, high-growth, entrepreneurial environment, and have the ability to build strong relationships with internal teams.
What you will be doing
- Day to day you will work closely with the finance team and global process owners to regularly monitor the operational effectiveness of controls throughout the year, reporting results and making recommendations to the audit committee.
- You will liaise closely with external auditors in the review of controls and will lead on the change plan for any management letter points, ensuring all recommendations are actioned in a timely manner.
- You’ll be the expert in the room when it comes to best practice in control design, particularly looking forward to a SOX style environment
- Making sure that end to end process maps are maintained across all areas of the business will be crucial, and you will need to identify the key controls within each process and define the appropriate control owners.
- You will be proactively reviewing proposed business process changes and identifying risk areas and mitigating controls.
- Project managing the groups process for testing the operating effectiveness of controls and driving continuous improvement mindsets across the business in relation to controls, including responsibility for regular reporting on resolution of management letter points, internal audit findings and controls assessment outcomes.
What we're looking for
- First and foremost you will be someone who has a positive attitude and will be able to build strong working relationships. Being in a controls role, there can be tricky conversations to have to ensure processes are adhered to, so it's important these conversations are conducted in the right way!
- To ensure success in this role, you will need to have strong experience in internal controls or internal audit, within a professional services or international group. You will have implemented or maintained a risk and controls programme in an FMCG or retail environment
- A passion for change and continuous improvement and experience of project management will go a long way, alongside the desire to work in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment
What we can offer you
We’re a tight-knit team of intelligent, hard-working and bloody lovely people who are passionate about making the world a happier, healthier, and better place! We like to reward our team for this, so alongside free Huel to keep you going, you can expect;
- Flexible working with options to suit your day and your routine with 2 days per week at home.
- ‘Huel Learn’ - our commitment to bettering your career alongside first-class on the job training
- Private healthcare and pension schemes, for your own peace of mind
- Free and unlimited access to a team of over 50 therapists and coaches to help support your Mental Health.
- Electric Car/Cycle to Work schemes once you have passed probation
- Like going to the gym? No problem, we have a free on-site gym with free classes, and we will give you your own nutrition plan to help you achieve those goals.
- Quarterly events to celebrate success, and even the opportunity to bring your dog into the office too! Did we mention we love animals