At Huel we are known for disruptive innovation and creating positive change for people and the planet. We are now a Top 10 Sunday Times Fasttrack company, selling over 150 million meals in 100 countries,
Our procurement team is expanding rapidly - a year ago it was just a team of 3, which has since doubled in size and is still growing. We are only just getting started and we are looking for someone to support in driving improvements to our processes and strategies in line with the business growth.
Want a role where you have lots of ownership and can make a difference? As our first Procurement Manager within the Packaging space, there are lots of commercial opportunities available. You'll ensure we have continuity of supply at razor-sharp prices which will be key to rapid growth and profitability.
You'll start small with one direct report. Once we've successfully begun to deliver on our plans (which won't be long at the speed we're moving at) you'll continue growing your team out further.
This role will be a mixture of working from home and office days in our Tring HQ.
What you will be doing
- Managing spend and availability across our managed spend portfolio (all elements of packaging and merchandise)
- Identifying ongoing opportunities to create value for Huel throughout buying activities, not least negotiating the best costs for our materials
- Ensuring our supply partners are suitably robust and can keep up with Huel’s demand; implementing risk mitigation plans where required
- Managing our supply partners to get the level of service required, protecting availability for our customers
- Managing a team, and coaching and developing them
- Working closely with the Demand Team, our Manufacturers and Distributors to ensure that materials are available at the right time and place, at the right cost; resolving supply issues as required
- Actively engaging with stakeholders across the business to ensure that their needs are being met and we are helping them to secure great value for every pound spent at Huel
What we are looking for
- You'll have experience in procurement and/or buying of non-food materials (packaging)
- Lots of knowledge of category and supplier management fundamentals is a must-have, including cost modeling, negotiating, supply chain risk assessment, and contract management
- Ideally you'll have managed people before - you'll be leading a team and growing it out
- You'll have a strong commercial acumen, outstanding problem analysis and problem-solving, tenacity, and great interpersonal skills
What we can offer you
We work hard at Huel and we like to reward our team for it, so alongside free Huel to keep you going, you can expect;
- A genuinely competitive salary
- Flexible working with options to suit your day and your routine
- ‘Huel Learn’ - our commitment to bettering your career
- Private healthcare and pension schemes, for your own peace of mind
- Like going to the gym? No problem, we have a free on-site gym and we will give you your own nutrition plan to help achieve those goals
- Quarterly events to celebrate success, and even the opportunity to bring your dog into the office too! Did we mention we love animals?