At Huel, we're all about innovation, and as one of the fastest-growing food and drink brands in the UK, there's lots of it happening here.
Our Technical and Quality team that you'll join, work closely with our NPD, Nutrition and Marketing teams to make sure that every product is top quality, labelled correctly, safe, and made consistently for our Hueligans around the world to enjoy.
As our Senior Quality Technologist, you'll be providing the labelling information that goes on to our products before it reaches our customers. You'll need a good understanding of food and drink labelling, ideally with knowledge of other countries legislations too (US and EU) as we produce products worldwide.
Our Technical team use objective markers in the form of customer feedback to track changes over time. It shows us that the changes we've made has made our customers happy. Your role will also include pulling this data together with Excel, looking at trends in the data, and occasionally presenting this information back to the team.
What you will be doing
- Managing the process and timings for artwork and marketing collateral approvals (UK & international) in collaboration with NPD, Nutrition and Marketing and our external design agency.
- Liaising with Trading Standards and external third-party legal advisors on artwork guidance and approval.
- Using your analytical skills to interpret data for the benefit of product quality improvements & ensuring our customers receive timely accurate responses to product queries.
- Ensuring all new systems & processes implemented within the Technical & Quality team meet Huel requirements effectively.
- Support group initiatives or projects as required, both within Technical & Quality and the business in general.
What we are looking for
- Previous experience in a Quality Technologist position or a similar role
- A degree in Food Science / Technology or related
- Knowledge of food and drink labeling legislation in the UK & ideally EU and US
- Able to use tools to analyse and present data (mainly Excel and Powerpoint)
- Great attention to detail and organisation skills - any mistakes on our product labels are a big no
- Personable and able to build and maintain strong working relationships. Team work is very important here at Huel
- Extremely proactive and very process driven.
What we can offer you
We work hard at Huel and we like to reward our team for it, so alongside bags full of free Huel to keep you going, you can expect;
- A genuinely competitive salary
- Share options in the company - your own piece of the pie!
- ‘Huel Learn’ - our commitment to bettering your career
- Private healthcare and pension schemes, for your own peace of mind
- Like going to the gym? No problem, we have a free on-site gym and we will give you your own nutrition plan to help achieve those goals
- Quarterly events to celebrate success, and even the opportunity to bring your dog into the office too! Did we mention we love animals?