At Huel our customers mean everything to us! We deliver the highest standards to our customers through the execution of a stock management strategy and we are now looking for a Global Freight Manager to help us deliver that strategy.
Reporting directly to our Head of Logistics, you’ll manage a growing team, while collaborating with the wider Operations team to ensure we are able to deliver our overall mission. As a Global Freight Manager you’ll lead our freight strategy, going beyond the day-to-day to ensure that we constantly achieve the best service level from our freight partners.
This role is based at the heart of our Operations at Huel HQ, Tring, Hertfordshire, with flexible working options, access to our on-site gym and did we mention free Huel? We're proudly a Top 10 Sunday Times Fasttrack company, selling over 150 million meals in 100 countries and we have no plans of slowing down.
- Strategic leadership of the global movement of stock for both raw material and finished goods through our air, sea and land freight forwarding & transport partners to ensure the optimum availability of stock in our manufacturing sites and distribution centers.
- Leading, developing and coaching the Freight Team as well as ‘mucking in’ when required.
- Managing the relationship of our freight partners and negotiating the best rates possible that meet our required service levels.
- Developing a trusting mutually beneficial relationship with our freight partners to ensure we have an effective and efficient robust supply chain from suppliers to our manufacturers to our distribution centres.
- Advise and support the customs clearance of stock across the globe.
- Providing support and advice to the Operations Team and wider business in their freight movement needs.
- Lead Project Teams to deliver improvements in the supply chain in terms of improved service and reduced cost, as well as minimising our impact on the environment.
- Proven experience in freight forwarding and customs clearance.
- Excellent market awareness; understanding and communicating the implications of global issues that will have an impact on the flow of goods through our supply chain.
- International experience, particularly dealing with the USA and China.
- Proven experience leading and developing a growing freight/ logistics team.
- Ability to build strong open trusting relationships with freight partners.
- Knowledge of how to drive an ecommerce supply chain strategy in a FMCG business.
- Outstanding communication and influencing skills.
- Enthusiasm and a strong work ethic are essential.
- Flexibility will be key, everyone wears a lot of hats with priorities changing most of the time!
- Growth mindset - our business is growing and so will your responsibilities
What we can offer you:
We work hard at Huel, and we like to reward our team for it, so alongside free Huel to keep you going, you can expect;
- Share options in the company - your own piece of the pie!
- ‘Huel Learn’ - our commitment to bettering your career alongside first-class on the job training
- Private healthcare and pension schemes, for your own peace of mind
- Like going to the gym? No problem, we have a free on-site gym with free classes, and we will give you your own nutrition plan to help you achieve those goals.
- Flexible working with options to suit your day and your routine
- Quarterly events to celebrate success, and even the opportunity to bring your dog into the office too! Did we mention we love animals?
NO AGENCIES PLEASE