At Huel, we put our customers at the heart of everything that we do! We deliver the very best world-class online experience day in, day out and as a result, have grown a passionate community of Hueligans all over the world.
Our engineering team is crucial to our success and we are now looking for a Frontend Developer to work within our team in Digbeth, Birmingham to help build and maintain our ecommerce sites and applications.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of two years commercial experience and an eagerness to play an active part in the team, presenting new ideas to help us take our technology to the next level. Working in our engineering team, you will have the opportunity to make a real difference in our business and in our customers’ journey.
Your day will look something like this...
- Maintaining and improving our websites and implementing new features
- Keeping a structured well-documented codebase
- Adhering to the high level of work already being undertaken by our team
- Working with our Design, Backend and QA teams to deliver high-quality code within project timeframes
What we’re looking for...
- A minimum of two years commercial experience working on the frontend
- An understanding of best practices and standards
- Experience with React or similar (Angular.js, VueJS)
- Ability to build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Previous experience with GIT or other version control software
- Experience using package management and build tools (npm, yarn, webpack, gulp)
- Knowledge of working with APIs
- Ability to work as part of a small, agile team while keeping an attention to detail
- Experience mentoring other engineers and the passion to encourage our speed-orientated culture and help cultivate a fast-growing team
- Optimising the website for speed for performance
What will make you stand out...
- Working knowledge of the Shopify Plus platform including Liquid
- Previous use of CLI tools
- An understanding of working with principles of UX and UI
- Confidence to present new ideas and participate in team meetings
- Background in Computer Science or related disciplines
- Learning the latest front-end technologies and standards to ensure we are always using the best tools and techniques possible
- Experience of using testing frameworks such as Jest
What we can offer you!
- Competitive salary
- Share options
- Pension scheme
- Optional private healthcare
- Free onsite gym
- Flexible working hours
- Free Huel (of course!)
NO AGENCIES PLEASE