Here at Huel, our customers always come first. And as we grow, it is vital that we continue to deliver a world-class experience to our Hueligans all over the world. Being primarily an e-commerce business, our engineering team is crucial to our online success.
Our team handles millions of requests every week and ensures our Hueligans in countries all over the world have an exceptional online experience. Sounds good, right?
Well if you like a challenge, are comfortable building applications in modern web technologies and are eager to learn, come and be a part of it. We're now looking for a Backend Developer to join the team in Digbeth, Birmingham.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of four years commercial experience and an eagerness to play an active part in the team, presenting new ideas to help us take our technology to the next level. Working in our engineering team, you will have the opportunity to make a real difference in our business and in our customers’ journey.
Your day to day
Apart from the table tennis tournaments and after work social activities in our wonderful city, the day-to-day life as an Engineer at Huel looks like:
- Working collaboratively on a diverse range of projects that span across all areas of the business, both internally and customer-facing
- Investing time developing your skills and exploring new cutting edge technologies
- Researching and exploring aspects of projects to achieve the top standard in scalability, reliability and performance
- Being part of a positive team-driven environment in a brand new office, situated close to the city centre, with the option to work from home a couple of days a week
Grow as we grow
First and foremost, we don’t expect everyone to know everything. We are just keen for individuals who are enthusiastic to learn, work hard and are real team players. We're a rocket ship here at Huel, meaning you have every opportunity to grow and expand your knowledge in areas you are passionate about, whether that is something you’re already interested in or something new.
We’ll get you up to speed on:
- Microservice architecture
- AWS Lambda and other serverless technologies
- Event sourcing
- Building integrations with payment gateway services (Stripe/Braintree)
- Server administration and DevOps
- A minimum of four years commercial experience working on any of the following backend technologies:
- Experience building and using APIs
- UNIX based system experience
- Knowledge of continuous integration and delivery processes
- Test-Driven Development approach
- Desire to learn develop your technical skills
Perks of the job
We work hard at Huel, and we like to reward our team for it, so alongside free unlimited Huel to keep you going, you can expect;
- Continuous learning - you’ll be sitting within a team of industry leading experts, bouncing ideas off each other in morning stand ups or over your morning coffee while also sitting down and getting hands-on training. Learning never stops! Plus, we dedicate 1 day every 2 weeks to exploring new technologies so you will always be at the top of your game
- Make an impact - we’re not hierarchical at Huel and we want to hear your ideas. From Junior to Head Of, everyone's ideas are valued and welcomed. We are one team!
- Flexible working with options to suit your day and your routine
- Share options in the company - you own a piece of the pie
- Private healthcare and pension schemes, for your own peace of mind
- Like going to the gym? No problem, we have a free gym and we will give you your own nutrition plan to help you achieve those goals
- Quarterly events to celebrate success, and even the opportunity to bring your dog into the office too! Did we mention we love animals?
- Highspec Alienware laptop
NO AGENCIES PLEASE