At Huel we are known for disruptive innovation and creating positive change for people and the world. We are looking for an agile and contemporary Assistant Buyer to join our Procurement team.
You will be an integral member of the team helping to support the Buyer to ensure we maximise the department’s sales and profitability whilst developing sustainable and innovative products from initial concept through to production. You will maintain organisation within the department including sample handling and will contribute to securing the brand requirements on orders.
The ideal person would have a passion for sustainability and an understanding of merchandise technology and innovations, implementing them into everything we create whilst ensuring that we’re sourcing at competitive prices, from reliable suppliers who share and uphold our core values.
The focus will be working on growing our Merchandise offering, you will be involved in all product areas, producing timeless products that create items our Hueligans will love.
What you’ll be doing:
- A strong understanding of the buying process and an ability to foresee local and global trends
- Ensuring best practice protocol focussed on Huels high ethical and sustainability standards
- Drive the day to day organisation and running of the department including handling samples as well as overseeing and maintaining our range
- Maintaining timelines both before and after order placement including critical path management ensuring samples are in the right place at the right time
- Collaborate with buying, design and tech teams, work towards an efficient information and workflow process while contributing towards long- and short-term goals
- Assist the buyer with prepping meetings and collaborate in building commercial ranges under the Buyers supervision
- Support in securing the best prices for Huel
- Liaising with suppliers on a day to day basis
- Contribute to reviewing and analysing trade, consider actions according to the business needs and present sales figures
- Conduct regular competitor & sustainability reports and provide insights to the team
What we’re looking for:
- Experience within fast-paced merchandise environment or relevant industry
- Broad understanding of sustainability
- Able to work remotely and as part of a team
- Extremely organised with excellent attention to detail
- A strong communicator, able to work cross-functionally with the wider business
- Enthusiasm and a strong work ethic are essential
- Flexible and agile systems of working
- Ability to take direction, but also be able to use initiative to achieve results
What we can offer you!
- Competitive salary
- Share options
- Flexible working
- Free on-site gym including Personal Training & Yoga
- Pension scheme
- Optional private healthcare
- Free Huel (of course)