Huel has an excellent reputation for the highest standards of customer service and being able to service our customers all over the world is crucial to our continued success. We’re looking for a Production Manager to join our Operations team, to control the planning and management of our finished goods production plans at our growing collection of manufacturing partners.
With the support of your team, you’ll plan finished goods production for all formats and all regions; build operational relationships with your factories around the world to deliver great service to Huel and our customers; and liaise with key internal stakeholders (including Procurement, Materials, Technical, Logistics and Innovation) to ensure we’re delivering the right products to the right place at the right time.
You’ll be crucial to Huel’s future success, bringing the global planning team on their journey to being ‘best in class’ by establishing best practices, trouble-shooting and developing out the manufacturing operation as we propel the business forward on its rocket-ship growth journey.
Your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Delivering on our customer promise of ‘never out of stock’: ensuring we’re planning finished goods at appropriate levels to balance cost and availability, supporting the continued sales growth of our business
- With your team, producing weekly, monthly and annual production plans which adhere to our expected stockholding targets (and adjusting them when needed)
- Reviewing operational capacity vs demand: planning ahead to deliver seasonal peaks, including liaising with other teams to ensure sufficient manufacturing capacity is secured for the future
- Building strong, direct operational relationships to ensure Huel get the best service out of our chosen manufacturing partners
- Trouble-shooting issues at the root cause, to ensure smooth day-to-day running of your area
- Working closely with your immediate colleagues to ensure inbound material is in place and outbound logistics are planned appropriately.
- Developing and coaching your direct team and related functions to share knowledge, best practices and ways-of-working for the future
- Finding operational efficiencies; whether to drive cost-savings, increased capacity or improved waste %s.
- Supporting new initiatives – whether on-boarding a new manufacturer or launching a new product – as needed
- Delivering wider business reporting on stock coverage and value
- With your team, ensuring production reporting is available from sites and flushed through Huel’s MRP and Finance systems
What we’re looking for:
- 7+ years experience of out-sourced production management, preferably in a food or drink-based FMCG business
- Educated to degree level
- Proven track record of success in rapid-growth, high-performance companies
- Experienced line manager, including being a top-notch coach
- Excellent influencing skills at all levels, and equally effective both internally and externally
- Extremely organised with excellent attention to detail
- Super communication and relationship-building skills
- Enthusiasm and strong work ethic are essential
- Flexibility will be key: everyone wears a lot of hats and requirements change all the time
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, take responsibility, and get the job done
What we can offer you:
We work hard at Huel, and we like to reward our team for it, so alongside free bags of Huel to keep you going, you can expect;
- Opportunity to work from home 2 days per week
- ‘Huel Learn’ - our commitment to bettering your career alongside first-class on the job training
- Private healthcare and pension schemes, for your own peace of mind
- Like going to the gym? No problem, we have a free on-site gym with free classes, and we will give you your own nutrition plan to help you achieve those goals.
- Quarterly events to celebrate success, and even the opportunity to bring your dog into the office too! Did we mention we love animals?
(NO AGENCIES PLEASE)